So you want to be better at this literature thing? Want to up your game as someone in the publishing industry as an editor or writer? Then you need to be in Kampala in October as our friends from the African Writers Trust (AWT) have just announced their 3rd Editorial and Publishing Training workshop in the Ugandan capital.
The training will develop your skills as a writer and/or editor and you know that is something that we keep hearing is lacking in our literary tradition on this rock. So if you come from Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda or Somalia this is your chance of improving your technical skills. You will be under the guidance of professional experts in the publishing industry, using a combination of methods including theoretical modules and practical, on-hands approaches. Digital and self-publishing methods will be a particular focus of the training.
If your application is successful, AWT will cater for your air travel expenses, and accommodation and meals for the duration of the workshop.
If this looks like a good deal, which it is as registration is only US$30, then email an application to email@example.com including the following information:
- Your name, nationality and gender
- Your contact address (email and telephone )
- A brief bio of not more than 200 words
- A Letter of Motivation (not more than 300 words) stating:
- In what capacity you are applying (writer or editor)
- How you believe this workshop will benefit you and your writing/editing career
- How you believe your participation would be beneficial to the publishing industry in your country
- A sample (500 words) of the piece you plan to bring along to the training
All successful applicants will be expected to be fully present for the entire duration of the workshop.
The deadline for receiving applications is Monday, 31st August 2015. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
For more information or queries please contact:
African Writers Trust at: