If you are an African women writer or journalist, you are free from July 27 to August 5, 2015, and came to make it to Kampala, Uganda then do I have a deal for you? The African Women’s Development Fund and Femrite (Uganda Women Writers Association) have organised a 10-day writing workshop dubbed the Writing for Social Change Workshop 2015.
The workshop to be facilitated by veteran BBC journalist and media expert Elizabeth Ohene from Ghana and award-winning writer Yewande Omotoso, from Nigeria/South Africa/Barbados will help you step-up your involvement in highlighting issues around women’s rights and social justice. You will read widely (we know you love reading) from assigned selected texts, and complete daily writing exercises. After the workshop, you are expected to use the knowledge acquired to write widely about social justice issues in and beyond their communities.
If you feel that this is the workshop for you then here are the guidelines;
- The deadline for submission is May 31, 2015. Only those accepted to the workshop will be notified by June 5, 2015.
- To apply send an e-mail to; email@example.com.
- The E-mail subject should read ‘Application for Social Justice Workshop 2015’
- The body of the e-mail should contain the following:
a) Your Name
b. Your Email Address
c. A short bio (maximum 200 words)
d. A sample article about women’s rights or social justice -between 500 and 1000 words. The sample maybe unpublished or published on any media. This can be sent as an attachment or as part of the email body especially if it has images.
- AWDF will not be responsible in case of any plagiarism.
Don’t say I never got you in on a good deal hey?